Market Summary - Delta

Discuss Game Strategy Here.

Market Summary - Delta

Postby Kirha on Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:59 pm

Perhaps I'm asking too much, but I'm having some difficulty with the concept.

I like the Market Summary page in that it makes it simple to identify the market sell, buy and median price. But I don't understand the delta value or the coloration of numbers in the far right column. I can't quite wrap my head around what those values are telling me... First guess is that the delta represents the shift in median price over 2 years. But that doesn't correlate with the numbers shown, so I've no idea what it represents.
Kirha

Re: Market Summary - Delta

Postby Vulpini on Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:28 am

As far as I can tell delta is market price less base price as a percentage of base price ... Kit can correct me if I am wrong ...

A movement figure from last month would be nice too.

V
Vulpini

Postby Kit on Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:46 am

Sorry for the delay, I've been on vacation.

The "Delta" column is the difference between the Base Price and the Market Price columns expressed as a percentage. Thus if the base price is 100 and the market price 120 the Delta will be 20%. This column will be green if the value is positive (Market Price > Base Price) and red if it is negative (Market Price < Base Price).

The Final column in the Market Price that was in effect 2 years ago on the date listed at the top of that column. The value is green if the current price is higher 2 year ago price, and red if the it's lower. This gives you an indication of if the price is rising (green) or falling (red) over that 2 year period.

Values that have bold columns green are paying above the Base Price and moving higher, Green/Red is trading above the base price but moving lower. I will leave it up you to decide how best to profit from that information.

Hint: If you hold your mouse cursor over the column titles a tooltip will come up providing a description of what the column means, I try to do this throughout the interface so you may learn from putting your mouse over something that you don't understand.

-- Kit
Kit
Site Admin

Postby Andy North on Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:04 am

I am still confused.

1. What is the Base Price? I am not sure what 'starting or normal price of a good' means.

2. How are the Market Buys/Market Sells/Market Price values used in the game? I understand that if I buy a good from the market I pay the 'Market Sells' price and if I sell a good to the market I get the 'Market Buys' price. But, how is the 'Market Price' used?

3. The last column seems to indicate the Market Price that was in effect one year ago, not two years ago!

4. The last column has green/red/black colors only, not bold green. It looks like green indicates that the Market Price this year is higher than last year, red indicates that the Market Price this year is lower than last year, and black indicates that there is no difference in Market Price between this year and last year.

5. If I hold my mouse cursor over the column title no tool tip comes up.

Thank you!
Andy North

Return to Strategy