One Time Sales/Purchases

Discuss Game Strategy Here.

One Time Sales/Purchases

Postby Raymond on Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:06 pm

I have noticed that only a few players seem to understand how one time sales/purchases can benefit them.
One time sales are a recent addition to the game, and dont seem to be covered in the getting started guide.

So, I decided to write a short guide.

If you have a warehouse full of something, and want to sell it, one time sales are your friend. They let you sell the items for more than what selling it to the market would get you. The down side is, you have to wait for someone to come along and buy them.
On the other hand, if you need more of an item than you make, one time purchases can help you meet that need for less than buying from the market. Again, you have to wait for someone else to come along and sell you what you need, but you will buy from the market in the meantime anyways, so one time purchases can be a great thing.
In both cases, you will need to keep an eye on market conditions, to avoid losing money.
If you offer to sell something, and the price goes up, your offer is still valid until you delete it, or it expires.
The same with buying, if you offer to buy at a certain price, but the price drops, you may end up paying more than the market price for an item.

Its all about risk/reward. You get to buy or sell items directly to another player, so the market doesnt take a cut. But if the price moves too much while you arent there to correct it, you may end up selling too cheap, or buying too high.

At the least, you can make more money by supplying someone elses one time purchase requests.

For example, there is currently a one time purchase request for steel (from me). If you are selling steel to the market, you can make more money by selling steel directly to me, you should make around a hundred dollars more per unit of steel. I get to buy it for a hundred or so less than the market price, so it is a good idea for me, as well.

I hope this helps clear things up.
Raymond

Return to Strategy