How to use Warehouse?

Discuss Game Strategy Here.

How to use Warehouse?

Postby Nmark78 on Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:41 pm

Hello all:

I'm trying to figure out how to turn a profit on the warehouse without using contracts. Simply as a place to hold my goods produced by the factory then bought by my store.
Somehow the warehouse seems to be money pit. I have read in other forums that the factory, warehouse, and store can all be profitable. Is this still true? A little more info: I have 2 factories, 1 warehouse and 1 store and I am making 4 different types of food items.
How do prices set at the store affect my warehouse? Any guidance would be great.
Thank you.
Nmark78

Re: How to use Warehouse?

Postby Grayson on Sat Mar 08, 2014 4:55 am

Hello,

upon my third round in game i have figured this out about the warehouse. :roll: just cranking off again

1st .. do NOT store more than you produce of a product. once the limit on storage is reached your factory automaticly sales to the market.at a base price.
2nd contract out as much as you can spare ,however, leave the limits on your storage at the production level. and do not sell any stored good until the contract is accepted.
i understand some of you do not want to do contracts. you will make more money if you do over base market sales.

(Medium Warehouse 1 ) Circuit Board 0/74, Copper Wire 0/80, Petrochem 0/192
Plastic Pellets 0/68, Sheet Glass 0/80, Silicon Wafer 0/70
Steel 0/40
monthly profit ROIC :shock:
$242,526 582.06%
Grayson

Re: How to use Warehouse?

Postby Cwalen on Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:32 am

When you make something that you have warehouse room for, you take out what you need in other production lines, then add it to the warehouse, anything more than you can warehouse is sold.

So if you produce 300 Aluminum, use 100 to make cans, and have 2000 space in a warehouse set to Aluminum, the next ten turns you will fill your warehouse, but not sell any.
On the 11'th turn, you will sell 200 Aluminum.

If you produce 300, use 100, and have a 200 warehouse, you will not sell any for one turn.
On the second turn you will sell 200 Aluminum.

If you have warehouse space you can offer a supply contract. They are quite profitable.
Make sure you have enough to fill the contract over time, because you _WILL_ be supplying the materials, even if you have to buy them for more.
Cwalen

Return to Strategy