Excel

Discuss Game Strategy Here.

Excel

Postby JohnGalt on Fri Nov 14, 2008 5:59 am

Anyone else using Excel for their calculations?
I've got a couple going to help profit maximize and forecast, but they're not quite complete yet.
JohnGalt

Re: Excel

Postby zerkridge on Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:28 pm

I used a spreadsheet early on to calculate the most profitable goods to sell and which settings to use in stores and factories. I don't use it any more as once you lose new player status, the numbers can change every hour and it's a pain to keep it updated. I was going to write a script to update the numbers for me but I gave up on it. While doing that though I found a couple big exploits that Kit was able to fix before someone took advantage of them.
zerkridge

Postby Zerico on Fri Dec 26, 2008 5:42 pm

I started off with excel sheets as well to calculate what production format was the most profitable.

By doing this though, I became a one trick pony, selling only one good. It's easy to mantain in newby status, but I wonder what it's like inthe 10 mil club. 8-)
Environmental Consultant
http://www.partneresi.com
Zerico

Postby Morpheus on Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:53 am

no real difference.

you just gotta check the economy every couple of hours(i dont mean every two hours for the brits here :-P ) and maybe if someone who sold the same stuff got resetted or changed his output.

eg. dryer was at -30 % demand, to guy above me got resetted and it jumped to 0%... gotta up the the price to two stages higher.

other than that there are 2 to 3 prices per product you have to remember since they will always be the best ones for the current economy, just once you get 100k the other time you get 90k profit....
Some people cause happiness WHEREVER they go; others WHENEVER they go

SIR! We're surrounded by enemies!!!
Excellent! Now we're able to attack in all directions...
Morpheus

Postby Marche on Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:21 am

I used an Excel sheet to calculate the profits of the different Production Lines. Now it has become less useful, but it was a great way to orientate on the market and spot potential opportunities in the beginning.
Marche

Postby Thecjm55 on Sun Apr 15, 2012 2:40 am

Just wondering but how did you guys set up your excel spreadsheet?
Thecjm55

Postby pawnbrok on Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:15 am

Call me lazy but if someone would share with me one of the spread sheets that they have set up I would like to try it.
I will also be willing to expand it if I can.
If and when I get to the 250 mil club and will share it with you when I am able to improve it.
I would at least like to try it anyway.
pawnbrok

Return to Strategy